Orchard is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Orchard may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25/05/2018.
2. What We Collect
When you use our website, we may collect the following information:
- Usage data
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. They allow the web application to tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Orchard uses a number of different cookies on this site including core, functional cookies that are required for the correct operation of the site and tracking cookies that help us to monitor and improve the site for its users.
These are the types of tracking cookies Orchard uses and the purpose they serve:
|Cookie Name||Validity||Source||Type||Use||Information Collected|
|_utma||2 years||Google Analytics||First-Party Cookie||Used to distinguish users||No personal information. Browsing statistics.|
|_utmb||30 minutes||Google Analytics||First-Party Cookie||Used to identify a new session||No personal information. Identifies the beginning of a visit.|
|_utmc||End of browser session||Google Analytics||First- Party Session Cookie||Used to identify the end of a browser session||No personal information. Identifies the end of a visit.|
|_utmz||6 months||Google Analytics||First-Party Cookie||Used to indicate the user’s traffic source.||No personal information. This tells us what referred you to our site e.g. Google Search, email campaign|
|_utmv||2 years||Google Analytics||First-Party Cookie||Used to collect custom variable data.||No personal information. When our site is set to collect custom variable data at a visitor level.|
We do not store any third party advertising cookies.
If you are not comfortable with us storing cookies, there are a couple of options that you can take when using our site:
- Most web browsers will allow you to disable all cookies or just third party cookies. Instructions on how to do this for various browsers can be found here – https://www.aboutcookies.org/. If you completely disable cookies our website may not function as intended.
- You can browse our site using your browser’s anonymous browsing mode, for example Chrome’s ‘incognito’ mode or Internet Explorer’s ‘inPrivate browsing’ mode. This will prevent the site from reading any older cookies, or storing any cookies for longer than your session duration.
4. What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or telephone. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
5. Data Retention
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
7. Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
8. Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you will need to check a box giving your consent for us to store and process your data
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Under the The Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2017 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 you may request details of personal information which we hold about you or request that we update the details that we hold about you.
In order to action such a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or if you wish for us to delete that information please email us as soon as possible, at the above email address. We will promptly action any requests to our best ability.